Germany is the most popular destination among international students in the world. More than twelve percent of students at German universities come from abroad. Studying in Germany for Free is a big chance not only for European people but for students from all over the world. Did you know that one hundred years ago half of all the students studying abroad were actually studying in Germany? At that time, Germany was a magnet for all those keen on getting top-class education and training.
German higher education is one of the best in the world! Whether it’s automobile or education, people everywhere recognise “Made in Germany” as a seal of quality. You can benefit from Germany‘s long and famous university tradition especially in the fields of engineering and science. And the country can indeed look back on a long university tradition. The oldest university in present-day Germany is the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, founded in 1386. But other institutions of higher education can also look back on a history spanning several centuries.
Few good reasons to study in Germany :
- You have a top class degree recogninised around the world.
- You have a diverse range of study opportunities.
- The cost of living for students in Germany can be kept low by using many of the student benefits and discounts. On average, you will need around 700 euros per monnth (per 2004).
- More and more courses and degree programmes are being offered in english, especially at master's degree level.
- Students normally do not have top pay tuition fees at german universities, and if so, the fees are very low.
- The german academic exchange service (DAAD) is one of the largest scholarship organisations in the world and offers countless scholarship.